Search found 12 matches

by jsfarmer
Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:57 am
Forum: Support
Topic: When to renew
Replies: 1

When to renew

It looks like my search is not working. How do i figure out if I need to renew my license? I did not get an error or warning message and I really want to use the software. I don't mind renewing if it's time, but would prefer to wait until I need to. By the way I am running it on a Mac under 10.6.2 a...
by jsfarmer
Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:57 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Computer Crash, time to reconfigure UE?
Replies: 7

This was a once a month crash, not a regular thing. About 18 months ago i was having crashes about daily, or sometimes it would go 3 days or 3 hours. I reloaded EVERYTHING, and still it crashed. Finally I heard about memtest86 and that was it! I had a bad 512 memory chip. (I heard about it on TechTV...
by jsfarmer
Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:07 am
Forum: Development
Topic: UE Skins
Replies: 3

So, um, what other systems would you like the software to work with...?
by jsfarmer
Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:02 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Computer Crash, time to reconfigure UE?
Replies: 7

I need to go to bed...

It looks like all server and newsgroup settings are in the reg.dat file. And here I was worried that it had something do to with my registration info! After the crash i re-ran the software a couple time in disbelief and trying a couple things to get it back the way it was. Finally i tried renaming t...
by jsfarmer
Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:44 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Computer Crash, time to reconfigure UE?
Replies: 7

Ok, i found a partial answer

Of course you find things AFTER you post. http://www.netwu.com/newspro/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1749 I found this thread, which mentions the contents of the \Usenet Explorer\Database\Settings folder. It says that the software can make backups of the flt.dat and reg.dat files. Which one contains server...
by jsfarmer
Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:36 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Computer Crash, time to reconfigure UE?
Replies: 7

Computer Crash, time to reconfigure UE?

Ok, so my computer crashed, and i do not believe UE had anything to do with it (I was trying to configure some hardware at the time). But the problem is that UE was running in the background and when I ran it again it only lists say 5 of my newsgroups and none of the servers. 1. Does UE ever make a ...
by jsfarmer
Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:23 pm
Forum: Support
Topic: Newsgroup load aborted, the database would grow too large
Replies: 7

Well, that did the trick. I'm now down to 20 mb of memory usage. Outstanding! The only reason i can figure that the option got changed is i was in a hurry and my mouse wheel got clicked accidentally on the first one, then it rememered the setting from there on out. I almost think you should have the...
by jsfarmer
Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:10 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Newsgroup load aborted, the database would grow too large
Replies: 7

Ok, I'm sold on the idea. :lol:

Where do i change it? or verify the settings? I did not knowingly change the settings, but i have noticed the app went from taking 20-30 megs of memory to 637 now!!!! When would i even want to use anything but compact binary?

FYI, I have 1 gig of memory.
by jsfarmer
Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:51 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Newsgroup load aborted, the database would grow too large
Replies: 7

Newsgroup load aborted, the database would grow too large

I got the following error message.
Newsgroup load aborted, the database would grow too large

1. How do i shrink the database so the software is usable again

2. How do i prevent this in the future?
by jsfarmer
Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:52 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Download Mac Binaries
Replies: 2

A lot of the files are in Binhex format. if you were to save the posting as a text file, with a .bin at the end, then transfer to a mac it can often figure out the encoding when you double clik the file. You can also try Rosetta stone to do the conversions for you. About 30-40% of posts are now in y...
by jsfarmer
Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:26 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Filtering everything BUT a certain header.
Replies: 5

And one more detail

Thanks for the quick reply Alex.

Next item is:
If I want to keep two file types. say mp3 AND nfo, can I combine these in one filter or do I need to set up two? Do I need to add a boolean?

mp3 and nfo

Thanks
by jsfarmer
Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:21 am
Forum: Support
Topic: Filtering everything BUT a certain header.
Replies: 5

Filtering everything BUT a certain header.

Ok, lets say i am looking at a newsgroup, an MP3 group for example.

How do I filter out EVERYTHING BUT headers with mp3 in the description? I don't want to download yet, just filter the view.

This has got to be easy, I just can't find it.

Thanks,
Jeff