Problem with 2 servers: 1 supports x-pat, the other doesn't

TheBorg

Problem with 2 servers: 1 supports x-pat, the other doesn't

Post by TheBorg »

I've got a question, but i can't find it in the faq.

I've got 2 servers:
1. Astraweb
2. Tweaknews

Astraweb does support x-pat search, but Tweaknews doesn't. How do i setup newspro to do a x-pat search on only Astraweb?
When i add both servers to a x-pat newsgroup (so prefix it with #), Newspro tries to do x-pat on Tweaknews as well.
If i remove tweaknews, the messages are only downloaded from Astraweb so the downloadspeed drops from 750 KB/sec to around 250 KB/sec.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
alex

Post by alex »

it doesn't matter whether tweaknews is added to the group or not.

if you see the difference - maybe xpat is supported there too (try to invoke 'get headers' only for tweaknews - expand the group, select only the server and invoke 'get headers' from the context menu to see whether there are any results).

to make it to download headers from astraweb and bodies from tweaknews just make tweaknews message-id direct in properties->servers (no need to add the the xpat group).
TheBorg

Post by TheBorg »

Thanks for the quick reply Alex,

'Get new headers' for only Tweaknews gave a '500 What?' error so its safe to say that it doesn't support x-pat.

I've detached Tweaknews from all groups and set 'Msg-id Direct' for Tweaknews (i also gave Tweaknews a higher server priority) and that does the trick, only thing is that Astraweb probably won't be used anymore at all for bodies isn't it?
alex

Post by alex »

astranews is a server on its own, you can set what it gets in its properties in properties->servers, it doesn't depend on what you defined for tweaknews