Pause task kills network connection ?

MainSail

Pause task kills network connection ?

Post by MainSail »

I just installed the 3.9 version of NewsPro and i have a strange problem.
When i use the pause task button it doesnt only stop the downloads in NewsPro, but it freezes the complete network & internet connection. :roll:

So when i unpause the download resumes and the network is back online.
I never had this kind of problem before with any version of NewsPro.

Any ideas wat it can be ?????
alex

Post by alex »

v3.9 doesn't touch any of this code, in the version i just included things which came up during the time between the releases, but nothing critical, i avoided any changes which could influence reliability because of the work on usenet explorer, since all would get even more messy then.

if there was no problem with the previous version and it is a network problem (applications like newspro cannot bring down network or windows), you are using the same computer/settings/database, it might be the firewall issue, try to redefine newspro in the firewall definitions. or if you upgraded firewall it can be it.
MainSail

Post by MainSail »

alex wrote: applications like newspro cannot bring down network or windows
Again if i use the pause task otion my network card stops responding instantly. :!: I disabled all firewalls and the virusscanner.
When i exit newspro all network functions return.

The only thing i have installed recently is the dot net framework.
I'm going to uninstall that now to see if it makes any difference.
MainSail

Post by MainSail »

Removing dot net framework and creating a new database didn't solve it.
alex

Post by alex »

if you mean the pause task button it doesn't do anything unusual, it only stops fetching data from socket buffers (but it is high application level). try to set some small bandwidth in properties->tasks->pause button pressed, maybe it will help to unlock the culprit which sits on your winsock (it is some third party driver like firewall), still it is not a real solution to the problem.

disabling firewall may be not enough since its drivers are still there they just allow all traffic through, you need to uninstall it to see whether it is responsible (but if you have newspro somewhere in its definitions still try to delete it and add it again).
MainSail

Post by MainSail »

alex wrote: try to set some small bandwidth in properties->tasks->pause button pressed, maybe it will help to unlock the culprit which sits on your winsock (it is some third party driver like firewall), still it is not a real solution to the problem.
Thanks for the tip.
Mabey not a real sollution but sure one i can live with.

When i have more spare time i'm going to reinstall windows and then check again.

Many thanks for the support.
:D