Split up files in nzbs no longer import as single file 5.8.1

joesloppy

Split up files in nzbs no longer import as single file 5.8.1

Post by joesloppy »

To "preview" files, I export nzb files and then use a script I wrote to split them, say to download only the first 5 parts or segments. 1mb vs 50mb download.
If I wanted the full file, I would simple reimport the nzb with the all the segments. Now when doing this, ue v5.8.1 splits the nzb to another message to download.

Does this make sense?

For example, archive.rar / 66parts, my script saves full nzb file, does a purge to ue thread, splits nzb to get first 5 segments, downloads it. I like it, so i reimport full nzb, but it is now coming in as 2nd message with exact info, instead of "joining" with the previously downloaded 5 parts.

Thank you alex!
alex

Re: Split up files in nzbs no longer import as single file 5

Post by alex »

I think I didn't change anything in this regard.

The import code is exactly the same, the changes are in queueing and processing.

Can you give me an example with a manual sequence? Do you need an older version?

http://www.usenetexplorer.com/old

Just don't run v5.8.2 and then an older version with par2 sets in the unpack pane as an older version may crash then on task manager content load although it will give a proper error message with the solution and won't corrupt the data.
joesloppy

Post by joesloppy »

I tested in 5.8.2, still not working like 5.8.0.

Import "test.split.1-5.nzb" (don't worry, its retro), it will be the first 1-5 segments of a part file having 2448 segments total.

You see my split script can split nzb, so it pulls 1-5 segments, 6-10, etc.... It allows to preview only small mb worth of data and check archives, media, etc... without download full files.

If not enough data, then I import 6-10, usually this is enough to preview files and check archives.

NOW when I like or want the archive, I import the original nzb, "test.split.all.nzb" and it UE use to "combine" the imports as ONE header, all the parts, keeping the ones I downloaded already in the single part file, but now its splitting them up to separate headers? with the same name, just the different segments groups are "split up" in UE.

You will see, let me know if you need more information or screenshots.
Attachments
Added good picture on 5.8.0
Added good picture on 5.8.0
import good on 580.jpg (51.83 KiB) Viewed 6551 times
why 3 parts now?
why 3 parts now?
import error.jpg (64.51 KiB) Viewed 6551 times
nzb.zip
zip has 3 files.
Full part file, all segments
Split part file, 1-5 segments
Second split part file, 6-10 segments
(14.34 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
alex

Post by alex »

Ah, ok.

The problem here is there are now sometimes obfuscated posts when the total parts in partial is random for example (10/10) (11/10) (12/10) etc.

Then starting with v5.8.1 it would fix the total e.g. if the maximum part is (68/10) it will use 68 instead of 10.

In the older versions it would create a lot of single headers when the part number is larger than the wrong total.

But in your case it would assume the total as the maximum part number in the nzb sample.

I've now changed it so it won't change the total if it is larger than maximum part, with those obfuscated posts it may show incompletes, but it should work just fine.

You can download it from the website I've just replaced the release files without changing the version (it is now "b" when you invoke "about" dialog while pressing Ctrl).
joesloppy

Post by joesloppy »

:D OK, this version I just downloaded works great, just like I am use to. I see the "b" holding ctrl.

Now if you needed the other feature, couldn't you do a test to just check if the subject is the same when importing to join the header segments together.
I have no idea, I just write simple batch files and scripts. :wink:

Anyway, Thanks as usual, the support your provide is worth the subscription.
alex

Post by alex »

If the subject is not the same it will create a different header entry, the joining is done based on the subject and the total parts.