Not posting in order

Carol

Not posting in order

Post by Carol »

My images are in order when I add them to Usenet Explorer to be posted.
But they are out of order on the newsgroup. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks,
Carol
alex

Re: Not posting in order

Post by alex »

by order you mean posting date (sorted by date or age).

you can see the order in the post view in the attachments list control there are also buttons to rearrange the posts.

then tasks menu->task manager you can see the order the usenet explorer posting, it is the same order as in the list.

if there are server errors, the usenet explorer will retry, then the order may change.

if posting small posts fast using several posting tasks some tasks which started earlier may finish later.

also server doesn't have to publish posts immediately, i don't know how they set the date, if you see the same with only one posting task (edit menu->properties->tasks, maximal number of tasks, post), you see UE posting in order with no retries you can try to ask your usenet provider.

Subject: Not posting in order
Carol wrote:My images are in order when I add them to Usenet Explorer to be posted.
But they are out of order on the newsgroup. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks,
Carol
Carol

Re: Not posting in order

Post by Carol »

I post 30 images with an Index preview sheet first on the list.

They are in the right order in the task manager post view.
There are no errors posting them and they post immediately.

The first 4 or 5 images are out of order on the newsgroup and don't match the index sheet.

After reading your reply I am assuming it must be the usenet provider causing this.

Thanks for your help, Alex.
Carol