Runtime error in 3.5

Ballsha

Runtime error in 3.5

Post by Ballsha »

Hello everybody...

A couple of days ago I installed the latest version of Usenet Explorer (3.5). I've never had problems with this program, but this error is very serious. I am using Windows XP SP3.
I downloaded the program several times, and I've reinstalled, but problem continues.
When I open a group (rather large) and select several articles to download and save to disk automatically, a fatal error occurs in the program, forcing him to close.
When I return to starting the program, the database has been corrupted and must be fixed, taking a long time, since the group is large enough (as I have indicated).
This situation forces me to return to the previous version,
alex

Re: Runtime error in 3.5

Post by alex »

Everything appears to be ok and it is already several days since the release..

What do you mean by runtime error?

Normally UE gives its own error dialog and leaves stack trace in the log.txt file in the UE database directory, do you see something there?

It may be buggy antivirus, first try to redefine UE in the antivirus/firewall definitions, because executable changed it may cause the antivirus injected code to malfunction.

Otherwise try to elaborate about what exact error message is displayed.
Ballsha

Post by Ballsha »

Hello again...

Forgive the delay in answering but just wanted to check the error conditions before publishing anything.
The error isn't unique to version 3.5.
It occurs when the database program is stored in a USB device (a hard drive or USB stick). When I open a group with a high retention, select some items (for example 100 images), and use the option "automatically download and save", the operating system indicates that the program should be closed, or simply closed.
In log.txt file doesn't show any strange entry.
alex

Post by alex »

Yes, it is more likely to be not version specific. What is also unlikely it would only be the case with large groups, since for download&save the group size doesn't matter. Should be the same case with all groups.

Try to uncheck edit menu->save/unpack, bypass database storage, maybe it will help, to eliminate saving into the same file from different threads in case it is faulty driver.