Problems with a.b.moovee & a.b.teevee

willko

Problems with a.b.moovee & a.b.teevee

Post by willko »

Hi Alex,

Just notice that in last 24hrs both of these groups have become completely cludged with spam.. Do you have any news/info as to whats going on? This attack has completely hung UE for me (first time ever - hence the post here).

I know its not a UE issue & someone's obviously blasting these groups with crap. Just hoping you could shed some light..?

Hope all is well!
W

UPDATE - Added kill filter both both groups using "\::" in subject... Does the job for now...
alex

Re: Problems with a.b.moovee & a.b.teevee

Post by alex »

You can also blacklist the poster author, unless it is randomized (I think it is not).

Don't forget to select "discard completely" or to check "discard blacklisted posters" correspondingly, otherwise the headers will still enter the database just marked as "deleted" with the high RAM consumption still there.
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (31.01 KiB) Viewed 7326 times
I'm handling it on the search service side, the spammer seems to be posting using bulknews nl usenet provider which given the path is xsnews reseller.
alex

Post by alex »

In the latest version I added the built-in kill filter option (enabled by default), which may be helpful, if you see something just let me know, but it should work well in the meantime. It is in the same properties pane.

If it is the same poster, just blacklist them, I didn't address those cases, since there is already the blacklist feature in place.
willko

Post by willko »

Thanks Alex!

Spot on as usual.
Issue sorted.