Multipart RARs Unrar after each part downloads

PhiloVance

Multipart RARs Unrar after each part downloads

Post by PhiloVance »

When I DL a multipart RAR file, UE has started UNRARing the file after each part. Then it UNRARs again when all segments have been downloaded. I end up with 2 directories containing the same UNRARed file!

This didn't happen before. UE would wait for all pieces to finish and only then UNRAR them. I don't remember changing anything in the Save/Unpack Settings (although it is possible that I did). What's going on?

Thanks for your help.
alex

Re: Multipart RARs Unrar after each part downloads

Post by alex »

It could be some kind of irregular post.

If you email me the nzb file or direct me to the post I could check it out.
PhiloVance

Post by PhiloVance »

I noticed after I posted here that it wasn't happening in every case, only posts from a particular very prolific author. It just so happens that I DL many of his files. I found that some of the RARs had the same title as the thread but others had the title called out in the PAR file! So it definitely has to do with the post and not with UE. I'm amazed that you were able to put them together at all!

User Error! :lol:

Thanks for your help.
alex

Post by alex »

In the next version a similar situation will be handled, but I think it is different case when every part has random name and one file is split into multiple files and par2 will find nothing or almost nothing.

If it makes any sense to post like that and there is a logic by which it is possible to reverse those effects I could check it out.