UE 5.4: application crashes

WiLLYTeK

UE 5.4: application crashes

Post by WiLLYTeK »

Hello,

Just upgraded form 5.3.
I'm still able to import nzb.
When trying to download, I get error "UE5400R64 internal error (140141F4B/C0000005)"

I was able to download the .par2 file

I join the log file.

I've scanned the hard drive for errors. Nothing.

Could you check ?

In the meantime, is it possible to get the 5.3 ? (the 5.3 version on the download page returns the 5.4 version)

Regards
Attachments
log.rar
(3.53 KiB) Downloaded 772 times
joesloppy

Re: UE 5.4: application crashes

Post by joesloppy »

Mine crashes on 5.4 too, first time ever happening btw. Crashed when double clicking item in search, also crash while importing nzb file. Went back to 5.3, works fine.
WiLLYTeK

Post by WiLLYTeK »

Hello,

Where did you find the 5.3 ?
On this page, http://www.usenetexplorer.com/download.htm
the link to 5.3 goes to 5.4 version.

Regards
alex

Post by alex »

Just check "Enable custom collections" in edit menu->properties->general, collections.

There is a small bug which causes the crashes, it will be fixed in the next release.

I didn't know someone else was affected since I didn't get any complaints, I fixed code here already.

By default customs collections are checked.
WiLLYTeK

Post by WiLLYTeK »

Hello Alex,

Thank you !
telemental

Post by telemental »

This is/was an ODD DUCK
ya I could save a single part, then another part, but on saving a few .. crash n burn

Thanks for the response Alex and ALL who got thru the forum. Alex I emailed several times going back a month or since the day 5.4 was released. You're (common sense) statement "Alex will look into credible troubles" led me to believe it was my install/pc but then I installed on a fresh PC and had same issues, I just stopped emailing support at as well as alex at ...

So we thank you for identifying work around but I'm not clear if we have a good contact for email support, or if support is only via forums - which is fine by me :D just let me know if possible.

STILL LOVE your product, services and EFFORT as I think we be a community of supporters.

a bug .. UE has had no bugs !!
alex

Post by alex »

OK, I guess I cannot fight it, I'll release a version with the fix, the rest I planned I'll do in another release.

It is now submitted for whitelisting to Symantec and Microsoft, when done I'll make the release, otherwise the website may be tagged as not trusted and I'll have more work.
alex

Post by alex »

I've just released that small update.

But if you are using nzb files maybe better to have custom collections enabled anyway.