UE keeps downloading par file it doesn't need

tomhock

UE keeps downloading par file it doesn't need

Post by tomhock »

About 4 out of every 5 times I download a big RAR set, UE also downloads all the par files and keeps them whether it needs them or not. The only time it deletes the par files is when it does actually need them and performs a repair. Otherwise, they are always left intact in the download directory.

This has been going on for several weeks now. I watched the whole process a few minutes ago just to be sure what was happening. Again, here is the sequence:
1. I import an nzb that loads a full rar set with par files.
2. I tag the entire set and invoke the download.
3. UE begins downloading the rar files in sequence and unrars the embedded file as soon as it finished the last rar.
4. NOW (after unraring the embedded file) UE downloads all the par files and leaves them in the download directory.

So, each time I have to manually clear the task window and delete all these unused par files that should never have been downloaded in the first place.

I'm using v5.8 64bit on Windows 10. It's up to date as far as I know.
alex

Re: UE keeps downloading par file it doesn't need

Post by alex »

Are you sure the settings are correct? There is setting to delete par2 files after repair in properties->save/unpack.

You can also email me or attach here an nzb file so I can check it out.
tomhock

Post by tomhock »

I've attached a cap of my settings (which haven't changed in years) and an nzb I just downloaded. Although the rar set was complete, UE downloaded all the par files and did not delete them after unraring the set. This doesn't happen all the time, just more than half the time. It's been happening for a couple of months now.
Attachments
ue_settings_tepp.png
ue_settings_tepp.png (21.26 KiB) Viewed 4415 times
tomhock

Post by tomhock »

The interface wouldn't allow me to attach an nzb file.
Attachments
Deep.Impact.1998.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.H264.DDP5.1.SNAKE.zip
(218.99 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
alex

Post by alex »

Try this file

http://www.usenetexplorer.com/ue58f32.rar

It is only if other samples are exactly same format, I checked the newsgroup, but I don't have access to other nzb files, I'll refine it if needed when I have more data.
alex

Post by alex »

It is addressed in the latest version, but may not work in the case of strongly obfuscated posts when the subject is completely random.

I will check for a more comprehensive solution when it will track the nzb file and cancel remaining par2 downloads if only those left in the end.
alex

Post by alex »

It should work better in v5.8.2 with more universal approach.