Repair: Verify failed error

PietPuk

Repair: Verify failed error

Post by PietPuk »

I got a "Repair: Verify failed error", but with Quickpar.exe everything repaired without any errors (and then I could unppack ofcourse).
It happened when I was downloading "RMB.2008.Pal.Retail.CCE9.DVD5.AnotherW@yTeam" from alt.binaries.u4e and I was playing GRID online during the download.
dengle

Post by dengle »

I've seen quickpar ( the straight client, not within UE so far) fail on a restore only to work after trying to repair again. I think if using high disk IO/high CPU, it can cause this issue. (i.e. running something else demanding on the system).
alex

Post by alex »

do you get repeated error or single error on the same set? if single and repeated try has succeeded on the same set, you've never had problems with RAM on that computer?

are you sure the files were not repaired by quickpar and then you ran UE on them, since it would lead to verify error as well, since files shouldn't change in between downloading and repairing (if they changed you need to readd them in UE manually "add files").
PietPuk

Post by PietPuk »

Single error I think. I mean, I didn't see any retries.
No problems with RAM before.
And yes, I am sure I didn't use Quickpar.
So there was a verify error and with good reason, because then I used Quickpar that repaired the files.
I think too (like dengle suggested) that playing Grid (a very recent game) caused the error.
alex

Post by alex »

it doesn't make sense, but i downloaded that post, indeed repair was needed, it repaired without errors.

if you see such an error try to invoke repair manually again, verify failed still means the par2 set remains in the repairable condition.

ue is more likely to expose any RAM or memory bus problems because of the way it operates, the result is the file operations are much faster than in quickpar, in the next release CPU usage will be same or faster than quickpar as well, so the total repair time will be faster.
PietPuk

Post by PietPuk »

I will do the same download, when I play Grid again.
In the mean time, you enjoy the movie :)
alex

Post by alex »

i would need a plane ticket to watch it :)
PietPuk

Post by PietPuk »

It's a stupid movie anyway ;-)
PietPuk

Post by PietPuk »

I did download the movie again, while playing Grid and this time all went well.