Author Kill filter for Usenet indexing (search) service

willko

Author Kill filter for Usenet indexing (search) service

Post by willko »

Hi Alex,

thought I'd drop another feature request at your door...

I love the Group kill filter for the search service & was wondering if you could add an Author kill filter too?

Perhaps even enable the full filter editor for application to the search service?

All the best
laitier87

Re: Author Kill filter for Usenet indexing (search) service

Post by laitier87 »

willko wrote:
Perhaps even enable the full filter editor for application to the search service?

All the best

May I add my vote to this one?
Locally applying filters to the search results windows would do the trick.
Or have I missed the release of such a feature?

Regards.
jonib

Re: Author Kill filter for Usenet indexing (search) service

Post by jonib »

willko wrote:Perhaps even enable the full filter editor for application to the search service?
I made a request for this before, the response fom Alex was if there was more requests.
Hopefully this is enough requests :D

jonib
jonib

Post by jonib »

Yes, view filters support for search service results has been added, :P

jonib
Maccara

Post by Maccara »

This is absolutely perfect!

I was just wondering if there was some way to do this when UE reminded me of a new version and here I'm reading the relnotes that exactly this has been added. :D

Now I just wish UE would return control to me (header scan practically locks me out) so I can install this new version and test. :twisted:
jonib

Post by jonib »

Maccara wrote:This is absolutely perfect!

I was just wondering if there was some way to do this when UE reminded me of a new version and here I'm reading the relnotes that exactly this has been added. :D

Now I just wish UE would return control to me (header scan practically locks me out) so I can install this new version and test. :twisted:
If you had used my Usenet Explorer Automatic Updater, you would have known about the new version before starting UE. 8)

jonib
Maccara

Post by Maccara »

jonib wrote:If you had used my Usenet Explorer Automatic Updater, you would have known about the new version before starting UE. 8)
I always wondered what benefit your updater could have for me. Another revelation revealed. :shock:

Today has been so full of surprises, coincidences, revelations and "miracles", that maybe I'll go one over and turn to some silly religion next. :lol:
alex

Post by alex »

i employed also the initial view filter code, if someone needs to use it as the author kill filter it will work just fine.

as to header scan one can try to play with header bandwith and advanced settings in header tasks settings area in properties->tasks (e.g. if you reduce the buffer size the max header throughout will drop automatically), also the fewer newsgroup windows are open - the less CPU time the process takes to digest the same amount of headers; as to loading / unloading newsgroups - starting with v2.6+ there is more responsiveness beyond just moving progress bar and redrawing.