Feature request: Specify remotely uploaded nzb password.

tijgert

Feature request: Specify remotely uploaded nzb password.

Post by tijgert »

I had one more suggestion that was tacked on to another topic but I decided to give it its own, regarding remote password management.

When uploading nzb files remotely into the Import folder there are quite often passworded downloads for which I cannot specify remotely a password for UE to use. I'd have to write the passwords down and wait till I get home to add them (assuming they're not standard passwords already in the password list). Often Remote Desktop is not working fluent enough to do it remotely.

Suggestion:
I could set the password for UE to use by adding that password as the last word of the nzb filename.
I would like to suggest a switch that, upon exhausting the password list, UE looks at that last word of the nzb file to use as a password.
It could also be a switch to look for a string in the nzb filename, for example pw=, and upon finding that string in the name use the first word it sees after it as the password, before checking the standard password list.

for example:
Crapmovie.year.DTSHD.coolgroup.pw=AlexRules.nzb would make UE use AlexRules as the password to use for tat download.
alex

Re: Feature request: Specify remotely uploaded nzb password.

Post by alex »

There is already the standard mechanism to define password in the nzb name "name {{password}}.nzb" or even inside the nzb file.

Do you know the password before you upload the nzb file?
tijgert

Re: Feature request: Specify remotely uploaded nzb password.

Post by tijgert »

I do know the password beforehand.
I am unaware how to integrate the password into the nzb, but if putting the password in between {{...}}} then I'll go and try that.
But I have not seen or heard of this function in UE before... Where is it documented? Or is it an nzb standard?

I am glad to see though that my idea has been picked up (long before I thought of it) :)