NPDL manager FINAL now available

MikeStammer

NPDL manager FINAL now available

Post by MikeStammer »

The final build is now posted at the site below. Check out the change log for the newest stuff and I hope you all get some use out of this program. I had fun doing it. Thanks!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikestammer/

Mike Stammer
MikeStammer

Post by MikeStammer »

I found and fixed one more bug related to binary messages that had a lot of text in the body of the message. New version is uploaded. Sorry about that. I should have caught it yesterday in my testing. Basically you should be able to use NPDL manager for all attachment types now, mp3s, movies, pictures, etc. Before only attachments with no body text were being parsed out. This should be the last release unless i missed something else! =)

Thanks.

P.S. This is the bug Tha*Lunat!k was hit with when he first tried to use this program.
voripteth

Post by voripteth »

Pardon my ignorance but could your website include a description of what NPDL is and does?

Adding some screenshots would help as well!
MikeStammer

Post by MikeStammer »

All done! take a look! I need to clean it up and optimize some stuff still.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Erik

Post by Erik »

:oops: :oops: i tried to understand what this program does, but i still dont know what it does that Newspro cant. What am i missing? It looks to my like a beautifull grafical interface aroudn NP, but nothing functional or....?
MikeStammer

Post by MikeStammer »

Check out my home page and it will describe exactly what it does and how to enable its use. Basically once you enable download logging in Newspro, NP will log everything to a file. My program reads this file and lets you manipulate the files much easier. All it does is manage files that NP has downloaded already. It does not replace or enhance anything NewsPro does.

Here is the exact link in what it is and how to use it:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikestammer/whatisit.html

if you have any more questions, please feel free to email me at mikestammer@secureroot.com and I will be happy to help.
Tha*Lunat!k

Post by Tha*Lunat!k »

I don't use it much because I have to reinstall all the time :( In the previous version and the final version I receive this error:

I'm not sure what is causing it. It doesn't happen on a fresh install, but then will sprout up after a while and will not ever go away until a reinstall. Deleting the attachment log and starting a new one also does not work :(
[img]http://graphics.thalunatik.com/sig6.png[/img]
Tha*Lunat!k

Post by Tha*Lunat!k »

Here is one of the logs I see:

<2:22:10 AM> SendError logged the following: Error in LoadFile(C:\NewsPro\SavedAttachments.txt)
Error in CheckIfIgnored
Syntax error: Missing operand after 's' operator.

Stack traces: at NPDL.NPFile.LoadFile(String FileName, Boolean IgnoreNonExistent, DataTable dtIgnore)
at NPDL.frmMain.tbMain_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
at NPDL.NPFile.CheckIfIgnored(String dir, DataTable dt)
at NPDL.NPFile.LoadFile(String FileName, Boolean IgnoreNonExistent, DataTable dtIgnore)
at System.Data.ExpressionParser.Parse()
at System.Data.DataExpression..ctor(String expression, DataTable table, Type type)
at System.Data.Select..ctor(DataTable table, String filterExpression, String sort, DataViewRowState recordStates)
at System.Data.DataTable.Select(String filterExpression)
at NPDL.NPFile.CheckIfIgnored(String dir, DataTable dt)
MikeStammer

Post by MikeStammer »

Sorry to hear you are having problems with it! =(

The log file you posted should lead me to a solution as to why this is happening. What version are you running? The current version is:

You can check Help...About or right click the file and choose properties to view the build.

Can you tell me what options you have enabled and what directories you have added to 'Manage ignore directories'? If possible, can you zip your entire NPDL manager directory and email it to me at mikestammer@secureroot.com? that, along with your current SavedAttachments.txt file, will enable me to fix this issue. I havent run into it yet (running windows xp pro SP1) and I have processed 1000s of files with it, but I want to take a look at it and get it working for you. Please let me know if you are OK with this and I will watch for the emailed info.

Is anyone else having any issues with it?
Tha*Lunat!k

Post by Tha*Lunat!k »

Hmm, my SavedAttachments file was 12.6MB, so I cut it down a little and it now works. Some stuff in there is kinda... not stuff I'd want people knowing I was downloading though :) But with all that removed it now works. Not sure if it is the total file size causing the crash or some particular section of a group and/or filename (or other factors) that causes it. I have the original SavedAttachments file before I cut it down.

I am using the latest build.
MikeStammer

Post by MikeStammer »

you should make sure you use the 'rename download file on exit' option. this will allow you to keep your files as well as keep the size of SavedAttachments.txt to a managable size.