Moving nestled folders between folders

technomyst

Moving nestled folders between folders

Post by technomyst »

I have a feature suggestion, i just tried the trial and have to say it's impressive, but i've seen some rather dissappointing missing feature. I cannot move the Subfolders i created for my newsgroups.

I think it would be great if i could move subfolders nestled in folders so that if i change my mind regarding some groups i could just drag the lot in a folder which is in another folder into yet another folder.
I also would LOVE the feature to save/export the folder structure i created without making a database backup. If possbile in a human editable format so that i can save myself the trouble of manually creating huge nestled lists with all folders etc.

I hope this suggestion isn't to impertinent, i only saw this as the first showstopper when configuring newspro.

Apart from that i do not yet see any other shortcomings, I haven't given the program much time yet, but i hope i can change that soon.

Thanks for your time !
alex

Post by alex »

moving folders will be possible in the future, but it is rather a small interface detail.

to save the folder structure: you just save fld.dat from the newspro database Data directory, to use it for a new database you need to create or import subscribed newsgroups first, then just exit newspro, replace fld.dat and start newspro, the folder structure from fld.dat will be used.
technomyst

Post by technomyst »

Thanks for the tip!

I still hope that there'll be a way to import the folder structure from a human editable format (some plain text file), as that seems easier to me than doing it by drag and drop.