[Feature req] Audible alerts

Michaelm

[Feature req] Audible alerts

Post by Michaelm »

Hello Alex,

I've been using your programm allmost 2 years now and I'm very satisfied with it! But lately I've started to think about something that could perhaps be easily implemented.
As I run Newspro on an old PII with 384MB it can take quite a while deleting a lot of headers and purging them afterwards.
Now I have a KVM switch that allows me to use my mouse, keyboard and monitor on more computers so I have connected my old comp to that.
When I start digging through the headers and deleting them it takes long so I switch to my normal computer and continue there.
It would be very handy to have an audible alert on completing those 2 tasks so I know when I can do some more deleting/purging.

Keep up the good work !

Michael
alex

Post by alex »

hopefully it won't be needed, i'm working on improvements, the only thing how many headers you can load into 384M of memory, if it will be more than 3.8 millions (currently maybe 2.5) - disk thrashing will result and all will be slow in any arrangement.
Michaelm

Post by Michaelm »

By now I've got me a new little comp for newspro with an Athlon XP 2600+ and 1280 MB of RAM.
Everything runs much smoother now.
I still would like very much if those audible alerts could be added sometime in the future. A simple system sound will do :)

I have a new question though.
With my current system specs what would be the best setting for the hdr.dat and del.dat files ?
hholland

Post by hholland »

In addition to sounds (tied to filters), like to see a color change in headers that contain specific filters (my screenname for example) :)