Adjustable speed throttling or pause button

poma5

Adjustable speed throttling or pause button

Post by poma5 »

I really like the speed throttling or pause button, but I would like to have a choice of more than 1 level of speed throttling. Maybe an option to preset a choice of 3 different speed levels. Even though I am on 3mbs DSL, NewsPro can consume my entire bandwidth which I think is awsome but if my wife is wanting to use her computer on the Internet. She gets a little pissy when her web pages take forever to download. Also some times I want to slow the speed down for tuning purposes to where I can read the message that are flying by in the Console.
I hope you understand what I am asking for? :)
alex

Post by alex »

you can just click properties, adjust the number for the pause bandwidth and press 'ok', so you can easily set any speed in 3 clicks and typing the bandwidth value.

in august i'll be working on internals, interface improvements are in principle simple (especially using an interface library), but i want to do first what i planned for the lower level, it cannot be done in the opposite order without wasting time, i just have some solutions and want to see them implemented first.