was: current work: par2+file manager/indexing server (v2.0)

alex

Post by alex »

i have the algorithm/data structures blueprint.
the design proved to be not so trivial.
now need to put it into code.
alex

Post by alex »

as to unpack all goes ok, it takes time, since i want to have everything at once without major code changes later.

search service - it is likely i'll increase retention soon. i have saved a lot of old data so the increase will be immediate.
alex

Post by alex »

the test stage is basically complete, everyone who wanted to take part in tests which started April, 26 (code quality is ok and enough users were extremely capable and helpful so it was fast) was able to do so, if no suprises, the public release is expected to take place in a little more than a week when i'm back.

and then the topic will finally become non-sticky submerging into the development section.

i'll release it as v2.0 accompanied with the last v1.x release containing few fixes.
alex

Post by alex »

i handled all reported issues (took less than a day) and changed things a little to address most frequent requests from the test group plus my own observations.

so basically the code is ready, i'll now try to handle the formal side of the release including inflationary pressures and like, at least i need to make some reservation.

i'll write search service monitor before the release as well.