Sets and missing rar files

joesloppy

Sets and missing rar files

Post by joesloppy »

I tried out the "sets" feature, but had to turn it off because, I only see the little dot to expand a set to see the parts in something I search and import, but not in the subscribed group. So for example if I subscribed to a.b.teevee and get the new headers, I see sets, but no dot next to the set to expand it to verify all files are there (rar,r01,r02...). The reason to verify is because some post in that particular group are double rar'ed and then passworded- easy way to tell is they are missing the first rar file. I checked some post by t-minus from 5-6 days ago in that group who double rar'ed and didn't post the first rar and they show as a set, and I can't see if the first rar is missing, but I know it is. Or sometimes I check the rar file only, sometimes only getting the first few parts of the rar file, but that is not working either on the sets feature only in a subscribed group, this all works if I seach for the same post and import it. Any suggestions, thank you.
jonib

Re: Sets and missing rar files

Post by jonib »

Just press enter or double click to get the individual files. Read more about the sets here.

jonib
Get Usenet Explorer Automatic Updater here. You want to flatter me? Image
joesloppy

Post by joesloppy »

I am dumb. Thank you, double clicking showed the parts, I am use to double clicking opening the file, now it expands the set. So the icon appears to expand it also after I double clicked. Thank you jonib.
joesloppy

Post by joesloppy »

How do you see the individual part lines of the part files now? So If I want to download only line 1 of the rar file, without opening it to download, how do you show the line parts and just download the first line. I can see them if I import, but not int he subscribed group. Not a big deal, just sometimes with 50mb or 100mb rar's I get the first couple lines and check it or preview it, extracting and keeping broken files. If there is no sample of course.
alex

Post by alex »

If the set is complete it appears as solid icon, if not complete - as half gray half yellow icon, UE can look at both "collection" file numbers and multipart rar or split set part numbers continuity.

You need to have collections enabled in edit->properties->general, even if you disabled them per group to not to show in views, otherwise complete sets when there are collection file numbers may be shown as incomplete - when collections are totally disabled UE cannot associate collection files and thus cannot always determine completeness of sets inside the collection.