I have just re-registered UE and I still get "licence ended"

shEiD

I have just re-registered UE and I still get "licence ended"

Post by shEiD »

Like the topic says - I have re-purchased the licence (let me know, if you need me to send you transaction ID). So the email says, the the key is the same, I verified - yes the key is the same. But I cannot use UE, because I'm always getting this error, when trying to import from search resuslts:
I mean, I can search, but can't import from search results.

I never use UE for downloading, only for searching. I either download nzbs (if they are present) or import and then create nzbs. I mainly use SABnzbd or sometimes Alt.Binz.

Question/feature request:
Please, make it possible to create/exporting to nzb straight from the search results. It is extremely annoying to always import and only then export to nzb. Example: I want to export a whole season of episodes to separate nzbs. What I need to do is:
1. import an episode
2. UE automatically switches from search tab to import tab
3. I need to switch back to search tab and import next episode
And repeat... repeat... repeat... :x
jonib

Re: I have just re-registered UE and I still get "licence en

Post by jonib »

Yes it would be nice to create and export an .NZB from the search results.
shEiD wrote:2. UE automatically switches from search tab to import tab
You can make UE stop opening the import tab in the settings, "Properties->Search/Import->Open import group".

jonib
Get Usenet Explorer Automatic Updater here. You want to flatter me? Image
stocksy

Post by stocksy »

Looks like I am not the only one - I've just purchased a new license key (through PayPal) and am getting exactly the same "Search Failed" error. Been using UE for 4 years and never had this problem before when I tried to renew. Tried re-downloading a new EXE but still the same thing. Very frustrating!

I emailed Alex, but any help getting past this welcomed...
alex

Post by alex »

It should work now.

I forgot to change ports for a backup instance I accidentally corrupted and then restored, so search worked, but updating keys didn't, I now disengaged the backup instance completely from key updates, so it won't happen again.