autosuggest of partially typed newsgroup in xpat search

bassie

autosuggest of partially typed newsgroup in xpat search

Post by bassie »

In an xpat search I know i can copy the name of a newsgroup and past it into the "newsgroups" area. For example i look a lot in alt.boneless.nl and have to type it everytime. I do not search normally in alt.boneless.nl so i don't have the newsgroup installed normally, and so i cannot copy it.

Maybe it would be handy to type and the program suggest what the name of the newsgroup would be.
For example i want to look into alt.binaries.nl this would mean i should type it all. But what i would like is to type alt.b and the program then could suggest alt.binaries.nl or alt.boneless.nl and i could chose with the mouse. This could save typing.
The program could find these answers, either in the newsgroup list it has downloaded before, or from the programs memory. With the memory i mean that the program remembers the last newsgroups i typed in manually.
bassie

Post by bassie »

So what i actually mean (if you did not understood already):

Like in the internet explorer, you type the partial adress, and immediately you can chose from some pages you visited before.
andreasfc

Post by andreasfc »

Maybe you can create special search group for a.b.boneless only, lik #alt.binaries.boneless
blackdog56

Post by blackdog56 »

I do that now. I have the groups or set of groups I search a lot in 'permanent' xpat groups, like music for instance with a.b.mp3 type groups in it. I then just reset the group if I want to clear it and change what I am searching for. You then can just leave it there until the next time you want to search for something in that category.