Newspro pinces downloading to almost nothing

Dionysus

Newspro pinces downloading to almost nothing

Post by Dionysus »

After a new install (XP) I downloaded the 3.74 version. Before I used an older version that worked fine (180 kb/s). With the same settings on my servers I now only get like 15 kb/s on downloading and geting headers is almost down to 0.5 kb/s. Can anyone tell me what is happening? Thanx!
alex

Post by alex »

it is not the version (3.74 just has a small fix that handles bug in power post).

maybe it is a temporary problem with the connection/server or some other utility consumed bandwidth in the same time?
Gary Gnews

Post by Gary Gnews »

I am not an expert, this is just my observation. Maybe Alex can tell us if it's possible.

I think that since this is the first time that headers have been downloaded, the system resources are being consumed by the large number of headers you are attempting to download at one time. I find that, in this kind of circumstance, if I download the large groups one at a time, then "get new headers" for all groups, it goes faster because I never get overloaded by a massive queue of unprocessed headers waiting to be sorted, etc. (I assume this is what the "prevent overload" option is for). Also, setting group properties to only download the latest x-number of headers for any or all groups can help.