New Files downloading before old files?

Eric

New Files downloading before old files?

Post by Eric »

Here is the basic situation ....

First off I have the software set to DL by date so the oldest files will not wander off to often.

I normaly do not have any priority set for any files. So they are all at the same level.

If I just start one batch this works just fine, but often I will not finish with the last batch completely before I get the next set of headers and add them to the mix as well. When I do this the newer files tend to get downloaded first instead of being moved to the back, like they were put into a LIFO (last in first out) que and never sorted instead of bieng put into a FIFO (first in first out) que and being sorted like I would have though it would do.

I can understand when a few oof my smaller servers kick in and DL some parts since there were open slots and they did not have anything to do, but not when my primary servers all start DLing these files before the older ones.

Most of these files, but not all, have been selected as a group and then right clicked on and set to Download Article. Sometimes at least it seems to set them to a higher priority since even if I go back and reselect other files and click DL imediately on a different set of files than it is working on (for example to finish off a disk sooner) the DL imediately does not start as it should even though it was the only set that was assigned with a priority. In this case I have to go back and DL the files with a priority of 15 or 16 instead. It is like the files that were to DL were set to high priority for some reason even though they were not set for anything beyond normal priority.

even if I go and select the sort by priority/date option it does not seem to reset anything. The que stays in the same order.

and yes there is normaly a large que, 10K segments is nothing unusual.

any ideas?

Version is 3.75