How to disable: joining alt.binaries... didn't help,

watcher

How to disable: joining alt.binaries... didn't help,

Post by watcher »

I'm downloading with to servers, one of them has a worse retention, but still very usable.
When I NZB a task then it starts and it tries to download the first headers wich arn't there (one one server), but it is very slow. In version 3.78 it wasn't there so it flew thru the headers wich wern't there. and started veru quick to download the headers wich are available. So while one server downloaded the first part the other downloaded the latest parts.
No the server with a bad retention is downloading nothing

So how can i shut this option down. Or can it be an option in the next version

thnx
marco
alex

Post by alex »

newspro was doing it all the time, although only for regular groups.
the error doesn't prevent newspro from downloading from the other server.

also it doesn't interrupt the task and only joins newsgroup before repeating the command, what is the exact problem, processor usage is higher or just server is slow?

if the server is slow in giving 'no such article' (but no reason why it will be faster in the first time then), you can use the version from here:

http://www.netwu.com/newspro/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=1003

just check the corresponding option (read the message with the link to the program).

it will request articles only once.
watcher

Post by watcher »

Gonna try that version when i'm come home to night.

with the normal 3.8 version the join message is much slower (i think twice as slow, maybe even more than that, i can read the join messages but i can't read the file not here messages, so fast it goes by) than the can't find message