Error 501 exceeded daily limits

jgrade

Error 501 exceeded daily limits

Post by jgrade »

I subscribe to newsfeeds with a daily account and seem to be having problems with exceeding download limits when I don't think it is possible. Tonight I downloaded headers, as a compact binary group (alt.binaries.gfames.xbox), which I know is a huge group, but before the headers were complete I got a 501 error on two of the servers.

Also, is it possible to look at the properties of the thread to see which servers it resides on like in newspro? I can't seem to find that feature in UE.
alex

Post by alex »

you need to address your question to the server support, just it is what the server returns.

servers are shown only when they are known (article number and message-id newsgroup types, but they are expensive in memory).
Gary Gnews

Post by Gary Gnews »

Newsfeed's FAQ contains this:

Q: Do headers count towards my Newsfeeds.com bandwidth?
A: No, we do not charge our members for downloading headers; they're on us and will not cost you anything to download and view! This way you can check out as many different newsgroups as you want, without ever worrying about depleting your bandwidth for headers!

So, I don't think it's your bandwidth limitation that is causing this error, but perhaps newsfeeds limits the volume of headers you can download?
-- GG
jgrade

Post by jgrade »

alex wrote:you need to address your question to the server support, just it is what the server returns.

servers are shown only when they are known (article number and message-id newsgroup types, but they are expensive in memory).
I did that and they did not have a n answer. I did not know if UE was reporting to the server incorrectly. Not knowing how headers work I thought maybe the prog reported the headers incorrectly as say downloads of a binary?
alex

Post by alex »

the program doesn't report anything anywhere (in such a case i would report 1 byte for each GB downloaded :) ).

they count the bandwidth, newsreaders don't have anything to do with it, I don't have any commercial relation to any news service.