Need some filter help

plasmannc

Need some filter help

Post by plasmannc »

Just dl'd version 1.09 with new filter capability. I need some help in creating some composite filters.

I have had no problem creating simple filters for example:

Subject contains Thing (this filter is named thing)
Lines are > 1000 (this filter is maned lines)

When I try to make a composite of these I run into problems.

I'll give this composite filter a name ie: Test

I select the predicate to be "composite"

I then enter the expression-- thing&lines -- and get an invalid expression message with the line showing as red. I have tried this with and without quotation marks. I am clearly missing something so figured I'd ask for some help.

While at it, if I want to create a composite filter that will select only messages less than 4 days old, over 1000 lines, but including all messages with .nfo and .sfv how would this look. It was a standard filter I used in newspro.

Thanks

Allan
alex

Post by alex »

did you name composite filter as well? then it writes to the right in the error field 'no name'
plasmannc

Post by plasmannc »

HI Alex;

Hope you had a good vacation!

Yes I did name the composite filter. The error message always reads "invalid expression" in the example above

As I enter the expression when I finish the word "thing" the line for the composite filter turns black but as soon as I add the & or | or ^ or even a space it turns red and says "invalid"
alex

Post by alex »

no vacation, we didn't go yet after such work i need to cool off first, we'll go shortly after v1.1. where do you think v1.09 came from?

it is normal while you editing filters turn read, since once in several seconds the program goes through all filters to check validity, if at the moment it is not valid because you are in the middle of editing it - the filter and all composite filters which depend on the filter will be in red color.
plasmannc

Post by plasmannc »

The composite filter stays red continually with an error message

The following is what I have been trying

Simple filters created

Filter Name............Predicate.......................................List

nfo........................sublect contains .nfo|.sfv...................v
lines.....................1000-...............................................v

The boolean wildmat is checked in the filter "nfo"

Both of the above show in black and work when selected from the drop down box

Composit Filter (predicate box set to composite)

Name of filter..........Predicate....................................List....Error

nfo&lines...............nfo&lines (with or without "")...........v.....invalid exp.

This filter as noted above stays red and indicates an error continually.

This is just an example. I tried even using the example for Mozart and Bach in the UE help file and got the same behavior

I am sure I am missing something real simple.

Allan
alex

Post by alex »

maybe give me link or email me screenshot it is what i see here:

http://www.netwu.com/ue/fe1.gif
plasmannc

Post by plasmannc »

Alex

Thanks for the help. As I said it was a real simple error. One letter that was the wrong case in a simple filter name.