Giganews connections?

LarryM

Giganews connections?

Post by LarryM »

Hi - Giganews allows 4 connections, so that's what I set the max tasks to, yet I frequently get failures from them and the error message complains about exceeding the number of tasks. Sometimes I can have just one header download going and start a 2nd and it'll error out. ??? Is something not getting reset or closed properly?
alex

Post by alex »

they have several ip addresses resolved to this name, you can try to access them separatedly with proportionally increased number of tasks (check for aliases off, you can use the windows hosts file to bind to certain ip addresses).

as to exceeding the number of connections you may try to switch off keep alive (all in properties->general) and if it doesn't help - enter serveral seconds connection delay in properties->servers (per server basis).

if the problem happens from time to time - you can make it recoverable - in properties->general, recoverable errors add suitable wildmat expression.

if it still the same - ask their support to check their error log, if connections are not closed properly from your side - it is something on lower than newspro layer - firewall, router etc., try to connect directly to see whether the problem happens then.

news.giganews.com 216.196.97.131
news.giganews.com ns1.ams.giganews.com.
news.giganews.com ns1.dca.giganews.com.
ns1.ams.giganews.com 216.196.109.139
ns1.dca.giganews.com 216.196.97.139
dengle

Post by dengle »

Added "too many connections" q&a