option to play a sound on dl complete?

seaniekaye

option to play a sound on dl complete?

Post by seaniekaye »

Not sure if other users would like this too, but I find myself downloading a lot of large multipart files. If there were an option to play an alert sound on completion of download and/or an unpack operation I would probably enable that option quite often. My thanks as always for your remarkable software and search service.
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

Yes, a minor thing but one I think I've wished to myself was there a few times over the years. If your speakers are turned off, a small popup in the corner a-la Firefox, etc. to indicate all downloads are complete would be handy. Quite often I'm watching something on my HTPC where a sound may not be noticeable above music, explosions and gunfire whereas a discreet little popup in the bottom right corner would be.
alex

Re: option to play a sound on dl complete?

Post by alex »

UE could launch .bat files, e.g. to have a "Run" directory and some .bat files there with predefined names corresponding to certain events.

The question is what are the triggering events.

E.g. just after a repair is complete, or no more tasks in the queue or no more tasks in the queue and there was at least one past repair before tasks were exhausted.

If we are clear about the events I could put a test release here to check that out.
Josef K

Re: option to play a sound on dl complete?

Post by Josef K »

alex wrote:UE could launch .bat files, e.g. to have a "Run" directory and some .bat files there with predefined names corresponding to certain events.
This would tie in nicely with the request I made here some time ago.
alex wrote:If we are clear about the events I could put a test release here to check that out.
Personally, if Shutdown & exit is checked, run psshutdown.bat would do what I'd need it to do. UE doesn't always shutdown. Login with Remote Desktop and the computer will assume someone is still logged on most of the time, even if you exit RD properly. That's when you get the message asking if you still want to shutdown the computer which just sits there all night until you click the button it needs when you get up the next day.

Other than that, a simple notification that all downloads have finished, as in finished downloading, repaired if needed and then been unpacked.