Task Manager

boston62

Task Manager

Post by boston62 »

When I enter one collection to download and save, then another the second one doesn't show in the task manager>unpack, how can I view what ever is waiting to be downloaded and saved, I know I can just check the Articles and scroll down and look for them, I just want to make sure I am not missing something. Thanks
NoNo

Re: Task Manager

Post by NoNo »

You just need to have "Mark par2 zero file for download with highest priority" enable in the "Par2" menu.
It will probably have no effect on collection that do not contains such par2 zero file.
boston62

Post by boston62 »

NoNo wrote:You just need to have "Mark par2 zero file for download with highest priority" enable in the "Par2" menu.
It will probably have no effect on collection that do not contains such par2 zero file.
There's no queue for the collections waiting to be downloaded then, it would be nice to see the collections that are added in the task manager. Thank you for the information
NoNo

Post by NoNo »

Well, you can still invoke "Edit" -> "Queued" to have a global visual of all collections waiting to download but it will not appear in the task manager.
boston62

Post by boston62 »

NoNo wrote:Well, you can still invoke "Edit" -> "Queued" to have a global visual of all collections waiting to download but it will not appear in the task manager.
Edit>Queue does what I am looking for.

Any ideas on creating a Filter to search for .NFO files, if I sort by Subject it will be right at the top, but I like to sort by Size, which scrambles the Subject order, and puts the .NFO file at the very bottom of the expanded collection. Thanks for the help
jonib

Post by jonib »

boston62 wrote:Any ideas on creating a Filter to search for .NFO files
A simple filter with Subject->contains->".nfo" works for me.
UENFOs.PNG
UENFOs.PNG (4.84 KiB) Viewed 8470 times
jonib
Get Usenet Explorer Automatic Updater here. You want to flatter me? Image
boston62

Post by boston62 »

jonib wrote:
boston62 wrote:Any ideas on creating a Filter to search for .NFO files
A simple filter with Subject->contains->".nfo" works for me.
UENFOs.PNG
jonib
The Subject line in UE doesn't show the .NFO when it's in a collection, so when I go to View a Group with this NFO filter, it's empty, if it's not in the Subject Line, it won't see it. It would work maybe if they are expanded, or maybe in a Watch Filter. Thanks again for the help.
NoNo

Post by NoNo »

Obviously UE offers only searching .nfo files by subject, so you'll get no results for .nfo files that are "hidden".
Unlike Newspro, filters in UE are logicaly combined so if you set an "initial filter" it will combine with the "quick filter subject" or the "filter".
Basically if "initial filter" is subject contains .par2 & "quick filter subject" is .jpg & "filter" is subject contains .nfo, you'll get prolly results from:
"Hey look at my awesome set.par2 that contains lots of .jpg and read the .nfo you leecher" kind of stupid posts :mrgreen:
Nevertheless the simple .nfo filter should work and you can use the button "Show only files matching filter in collections" in the toolbar to get something like the picture below.

If you plan on downloading those filtered collections after reading the .nfo files, you can no more since UE 2.8.2.
Attachments
UE_only_subject_matching_nfos_filter.png
UE_only_subject_matching_nfos_filter.png (15.2 KiB) Viewed 8460 times
jonib

Post by jonib »

boston62 wrote:The Subject line in UE doesn't show the .NFO when it's in a collection, so when I go to View a Group with this NFO filter, it's empty, if it's not in the Subject Line, it won't see it. It would work maybe if they are expanded, or maybe in a Watch Filter. Thanks again for the help.
I can't reproduce the empty list, but maybe disabling collections support (The show collections toolbar button) while checking out the .NFOs might work.

But it sounds like you should make this better .NFO support a feature request to Alex in the Development section.

jonib
Get Usenet Explorer Automatic Updater here. You want to flatter me? Image
boston62

Post by boston62 »

jonib wrote:
boston62 wrote:The Subject line in UE doesn't show the .NFO when it's in a collection, so when I go to View a Group with this NFO filter, it's empty, if it's not in the Subject Line, it won't see it. It would work maybe if they are expanded, or maybe in a Watch Filter. Thanks again for the help.
I can't reproduce the empty list, but maybe disabling collections support (The show collections toolbar button) while checking out the .NFOs might work.

But it sounds like you should make this better .NFO support a feature request to Alex in the Development section.

jonib
I think it's there now. Thanks for the help
alex

Post by alex »

boston62 wrote:
jonib wrote:

jonib
I think it's there now. Thanks for the help
There is no need for a feature request, it will be added in the next version.
boston62

Post by boston62 »

Thanks Alex