Save to one drive (and par check) but extract to another

dvd.collector

Save to one drive (and par check) but extract to another

Post by dvd.collector »

Is it possible in UE to have the save/par check done in one location (say to one hard drive) and then the extract completed to another? This is for performance, as unrarring between different physical drives is much faster than extracting to the same drive.

What I want is to choose the end save location (lets say drive "m:\movies\movie1\"), but that UE initially saves the rars and par checks in a "temp" location (lets say drive "e:\UE_TEMP").

This setup would improve performance of the unrar considerably.
WasabiNME

Re: Save to one drive (and par check) but extract to another

Post by WasabiNME »

dvd.collector wrote:Is it possible in UE to have the save/par check done in one location (say to one hard drive) and then the extract completed to another? This is for performance, as unrarring between different physical drives is much faster than extracting to the same drive.

What I want is to choose the end save location (lets say drive "m:\movies\movie1\"), but that UE initially saves the rars and par checks in a "temp" location (lets say drive "e:\UE_TEMP").

You can do this now with the "Unrar to subdir" option, no? Just choose a directory on a different drive.
dvd.collector

Re: Save to one drive (and par check) but extract to another

Post by dvd.collector »

WasabiNME wrote:
dvd.collector wrote:Is it possible in UE to have the save/par check done in one location (say to one hard drive) and then the extract completed to another? This is for performance, as unrarring between different physical drives is much faster than extracting to the same drive.

You can do this now with the "Unrar to subdir" option, no? Just choose a directory on a different drive.
Hi Alex,

sort of.

The unrar to subdir is one FIXED location where files are unrarred to. I want to be able to choose the "end" location when asked where I am saving files, rather than the "temp" location.

Ideally that unrar to subdir setting could be renamed "temp location" and files are saved there initially, then unrarred to wherever I chose in the save dialog.

Obviously this setup should only apply where rar files to be unzipped are involved. A direct download of say an MKV should go direct to the "end" location I chose.

The likes of newzbin et al have this setting, as it speeds up unrarring considerably. When I am unrarring a 50gb bluray, it can be 50% faster than unrarring to the same drive.