Queue sort after header get

LarryM

Queue sort after header get

Post by LarryM »

I'd like to propose a feature that would automatically sort the download queue after header gets.

Having a very slow Internet connection, I have several "Watch" filters set up for several TV shows I want to download. This part itself works great (thanks Alex!) Normally, it wouldn't matter that the order that parts are downloaded- but - often enough, someone will post a match for my filter, but its a passworded RAR file. Again, thanks Alex for the feature that takes these out of the download queue, but it only does it once it downloads the base RAR part. The ".rar" usually, sometimes the ".r00" - but seldom are these the first files in the queue after the header get.

If UE would automatically sort the queue after the header gets and ensure that the .rar and/or .r00 was ahead of the other parts of that post, it would reject these posts and not waste time downloading any of the parts.

thanks, Larry

ps - I'd also like to add that along with rejecting password protected RAR files, that UE have an option to reject posts that are an EXE inside the RAR files.
alex

Re: Queue sort after header get

Post by alex »

When you mark for download manually, UE does put .rar ahead as a way of sorting of the batch being marked for download.

As to watch the program only deals with the current header, it doesn't see the rest.

But maybe first part .rar (or even zero par2) file could be moved ahead in the queue based on the current queue.
LarryM

Re: Queue sort after header get

Post by LarryM »

Yes, if I mark existing headers for download, then UE does the .rar first. However, a Watch filter, I assume, just puts the headers in the queuue as they happen to appear during the header get, and that means the queue is scrambled. So I end up downloading lots of parts before UE happens to download the .rar and see that its a password encoded and abort the download - which with my slow internet connection has wasted a lot of time.

That's why I was hoping that right after the header get finishes, before it goes back to downloading parts, UE could sort the queue and move that .rar/.r00 part to the top so it can see immediately that its a passworded post and abort right away.

thanks, Larry