Enabling/Disabling Server Creates Incomplete Downloads

brian

Enabling/Disabling Server Creates Incomplete Downloads

Post by brian »

Hello,

I have been using NewsPro 3.71 for a few weeks now and have come to notice an interesting bug. I use two news servers: ultrafeed and easynews. I set easynews to a priority of 1 strict and ultrafeed to 9. Other options I have checked are supress get headers and allow msg id-direct from easynews, but NewsPro will still download headers from easynews even though they exist on ultrafeed. My temporary solutoin has been to disable easynews, and then to enable it when there are headers not available on ultrafeed.

Second, while downloading Pending & Failed tasks.. sometimes the queue will freeze when the article is not available on ultrafeed. So to solve this I enable easynews. This causes easynews to complete the missing headers, but it also begins downloading headers that exist on ultrafeed. This results in incomplete files! Usually they are exactly 200KB, no matter the size of the original file. To solve this I have to delete the header and then re-download with ultrafeed. Thus, it is very difficult to download anything with newspro anymore! I am begging for help!

Thanks,
Brian