Saving imported NZB files with obfisctaed/scrambled names

willko

Saving imported NZB files with obfisctaed/scrambled names

Post by willko »

Hi Alex,
Hope all is well!
Many thanks for latest updates - awesome as usual!

Quick question re: 5.1 feature: " Added option Edit menu -> Properties ->Search/Import, Import options, Collection name out of nzb name, so the custom collection will use the nzb name instead of the post subject."

I'm reading this as - If I import an NZB file for download/save it will use the NZB subject as the folder name (file name remains whatever is in the rar/zip set of course).. ?
So its especially useful for all the "scrambled" posts - Is that correct? This way folders will be named after the NZB subject?

I have this checked now but save folder is still named after the obfuscated subject...

Am I misunderstanding how this works?

<UPDATE TO POST>

Ok, I think I see what you did - this is collection name (not the subsequent extraction)... How about if a further switch was added to the Save/Unpack menu -> Unrar -> "Derive name after NZB/Collection Subject"... That would be really useful :)

Cheers!
alex

Re: Saving imported NZB files with obfisctaed/scrambled name

Post by alex »

Maybe custom collection from the nzb file name will be sufficient, it is difficult to tell whether the file names in the nzb file are random or not, unless you use only nzb files with random names.

I've updated the release notes, yesterday it was late and I took them from the to do list where they are not formulated clear enough and some features are not recent, e.g. the deep scan feature work started before the previous release, it just wasn't ready back then. If you download random file name posts when file names listed in the par2 set don't match the data file names - enable auto deep scan, since it is unchecked by default for old installs, see the release notes.
willko

Re: Saving imported NZB files with obfisctaed/scrambled name

Post by willko »

Hi Alex,

Just a follow up because I think my original post was not clear - maybe should be in feature request..?

So, I've been using NZBGeeks service for a while now - quite useful.
Many of their NZB files are for "Scrambled" & "Obfuscated" files (e.g. latest Stranger.Things.S02 episodes).
Indeed, all of the NZB services I've trialled use a similar method (as below)

The NZBs themselves are named appropriately but when I import them into UE the resulting download and save results in a folder and file named after the actual rar collection:
e.g. The following produces a folder & file named "16be4f8ad26842bba57db6d9d8312f80" & "16be4f8ad26842bba57db6d9d8312f80.mkv"

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE nzb PUBLIC "-//newzBin//DTD NZB 1.1//EN" "http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd">
<nzb xmlns="http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/2003/nzb">
  <head>
    <meta type="name">Stranger.Things.S02E09.AAC.MP4-Mobile-Obfuscated</meta>
    <meta type="category">TV > Other</meta>
    <meta type="x-rating-host">https://api.nzbgeek.info/feedback</meta>
    <meta type="x-rating-id">2ce475630ce339a319c31d099ecfc9a5</meta>
  </head>
  <file poster="mmmq@meh.com" date="1509113524" subject="16be4f8ad26842bba57db6d9d8312f80 [1/22] "16be4f8ad26842bba57db6d9d8312f80.par2" yEnc (1/1)">
    <groups>
      <group>alt.binaries.etc</group>
    </groups>
    <segments>
      <segment bytes="10516" number="1">59f33ef5$0$41717$b1db1813$ca8b28d9@news.astraweb.com</segment>
I'm hoping (or rather requesting) a way so that the file & folder might be named after the NZB file itself ( e.g "Stranger.Things.S02E09.AAC.MP4-Mobile-Obfuscated" ).

This would be hugely helpful as, at the moment, if I download a dozen or so files using NZBs I then have to reference the original NZB files (open with notepad++) to find the actual file name and manually rename.

Is there (or could there be) a way of using the NZB file name ( the actual filename) as a way of creating sub folder (and potentially replacing the filename while retaining the file type suffix. So for example with the above, wind up with a folder called "Stranger.Things.S02E09.AAC.MP4-Mobile-Obfuscated" with a file inside called "Stranger.Things.S02E09.AAC.MP4-Mobile-Obfuscated.mkv"

Hope all is well & many thanks for the extraordinary work you do!!