Display of Rar part not working

LarryM

Display of Rar part not working

Post by LarryM »

I messed up something, don't know what.

If I download part 1 of a multi-part rar file I can double click on it and that brings up a new window with a tiny dialog window picture and the name of the file. If I double click on that little picture, UE is supposed to run its internal rar and pop up a new window showing the contents of the rar part. Now all that happens is the circle spins for a second, then nothing.

I was messing with "Properties" and obviously changed something I didn't mean to...

thanks, Larry
alex

Re: Display of Rar part not working

Post by alex »

UE doesn't run internal rar, it runs external winrar. Maybe something got bad or different in the registry.

Try to use "Open with" from the context menu, it should bring up the open with windows dialog, then ensure that winrar is checked as the default program.

If it is checked, try to check another program, ok, then open with again and check winrar.

If that fails maybe need to fix the windows registry or I should change something in the program code.
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

If this is the case, I don't know how it had been working - this is on my Linux system that I don't have winrar installed on. There must be some equivalent, I'll see what happens outside of UE then.

Is this also true for unrar'ing downloaded parts?
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

Okay, downloaded and saved a part, then from outside UE the program "File Roller" aka "Archive Manager" runs and does properly display the contents.

Now, are you saying that somewhere within UE there's a setting to know to run winrar? Or does UE use normal file associations and run whatever program is set up externally to UE. I assume the latter.... but then I don't understand why this stopped working. Ugh. I don't see anything in the log file but login/logout messages.
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

Well, sometimes "supposed to work" isn't quite good enough.

I installed Winrar in the same drive as UE so that UE can call that program. Works fine.

thanks!