How to completely uninstall???

guriboy

How to completely uninstall???

Post by guriboy »

P4-2.4, 1gb RAM, 2x 200 gb HDD, WinXP SP1

When I upgraded to 3.74 from 3.65 a while back. every time I try to download headers for a group, the bandwidth counters would count used bandwidth, but no articles are downloaded into the group lists. [No filters in use].

I trashed my old database and imported my servers and group lists, but it still does the same thing... no headers appear.

Fast forward to a few days ago.

I enabled the guest account and installed NewsPro there and everything works fine... sooo... what I need to know is how to completely uninstall [including which reg keys to delete] and start from scratch.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
alex

Post by alex »

file menu->reset database always restores the database to the normal state, just be sure the program is registered in help menu->about.

to remove everything you just delete the database and key_current_user->software->albir, but in fact newspro doesn't need registry, so it can work in different windows installations. while in trial deleting both database and the reg. key will make the trial expire (but it is no problem to delete one of them at a time).