NewsPro Auto- & Redial doesn't work anymore

Falk

NewsPro Auto- & Redial doesn't work anymore

Post by Falk »

Ok, this seems to be a rather difficult problem and it's not really that much related to NewsPro either (normally any of NPs dial-options is fine), but maybe someone knows of a solution for this:

Whenever I enable the TCP/IP-Protocol in my NICs settings I can only manage to get URL-Autodial (IE, Opera) to work. NP and other programs won't dial anymore; unfortunately they won't reconnect as well and that's really a problem since my connection gets dropped every 24H and I'm not always present to reenable it myself. I can enable and disable the problem by switching the protocol every time, but that's not really a convenient solution as I have to have it enabled as my small LAN's ICS-Host. So if anyone could help I would really appreciate it!

Here's my network configuration:

- WinXP Professional SP1
- Onboard LAN (DSL-Con, no further config)
- USB-WLAN (MS Client, Filesharing, TCP -> 192.168.0.1)
alex

Post by alex »

newspro can only redial for dial-up connections, for non-RAS dsl i'm not certain there is a way to reliably detect lost connection and redial, at least it was the case some time ago.

if you can find a way to do it from the outside (e.g. your dialer has the option) you can use retry failed articles in newspro.