Save tab in Task Manager

Josef K

Save tab in Task Manager

Post by Josef K »

Often I'll download a few things (series of large RAR sets) and because of space problems on the save partition, I'll pause the save queue. Now, to make space I need to save each set independently but, due to downloading by expiration, the sort order is out of sequence. That is, I'll want to save a particular series, for example, CD 1 and CD 2. This involves having to scroll the list and if it has a lot of articles I will need to make sure I don't miss anything. Once all the series are selected I then move them to the top of the save queue and unpause. Then I can unRAR to another parition to burn the CDs, leaving the space of however many CDs freed up on the save partition ready to deal with the next RAR set.

However, on many occasions I've missed one or two files here and there, especially if the queue is a jumbled mass of articles downloaded out of sequence due to expiration date.

So, my feature request is to have the save queue columns sortable. If I could sort by Save path then that would make the above so much easier to accomplish. I always save RAR sets to their own directories so this would be an immense help to me.

In addition to this, it would be very slick to be able to select a set and right-click to unpause just those selected articles for saving. That way I can leave it to save (can take a while with, say 3 CDs or a DVD) and know I'm not letting the whole lot save and filling the partition to the brim.

One further note: In another post somewhere, someone requested being able to view headers in a single line (what I called 'hierachical view', ala BNR3). Would it be possible to add this to the save queue? It would seem logical and useful to me that if several sets of articles all having different save paths be collected under their own branch, according to the save path. Could not all articles under the save path be collated into one single line to make for easier sorting and saving?