Main window (header window) has shifted after viewing a msg

Hubert

Main window (header window) has shifted after viewing a msg

Post by Hubert »

As I say: when I view a message by double clicking a header in a binary group, and I return to the header window by clicking Escape, I have to scroll the window in order to find that selected header again. This is a bit of a nuisance.

I seem to remember this was not so in earlier versions. Or is it me or has something changed?
Regards, Hubert
alex

Post by alex »

maybe you were getting new headers at the time.

the program tries to keep the position of the focused item, i don't see such a problem here, if there is an example i could check it.
Hubert

Post by Hubert »

It is not the case of getting new headers. I can repeat the problem as often as I want.

How can I give you an example? Maybe a more detailed description.

I have the group alt.binaries.sounds.music.classical opened and the new headers are displayed. I activate Show threads, Show collections and Show files. The header window for the sake of demonstration is made narrow enough for the scroll bar to be present. I scroll to the bottom and choose a message there (1). Get the message by doubleclick (2) and go back with Escape (3).

Then the window has scrolled up and the selected header is not visible any more.

I put the 3 screenshots in "alt.binaries.test" with header "UE-screenshots" for you to see if you want.
Regards, Hubert
alex

Post by alex »

i think i fixed it in the lastest release.

if i have time we will get rid of the multiple document interface, it is not implemented well by microsoft, more exactly they didn't make any changes to adopt it in winxp.