[Req] Allow for manual purge

josha

[Req] Allow for manual purge

Post by josha »

Hi,

I've purge deleted headers off by default because now and then I discover that I need to look up something I deleted before.

But now and then I also know it is ok to purge the deleted headers. But when pressing SHIFT-Z newspro tells me to it wants to enable purging of deleted headers. This is something I do not want because then deleted header info is lost whenever I close a newsgroup and reopen it again.

Could there be made an option which allows me to do manual purges but which does not enable automatic purging?
alex

Post by alex »

currently purging is on per newsgroup basis.

you can disable purging and invoke rescan to get everything back, then invoke edit menu->show deleted as usual, then you can purge deleted again.

or, if you are looking for something specific you can create a search group with purging disabled; the headers will enter as deleted so you'll need edit menu->show deleted anyway but it may be faster than rescan and takes less space.

i'm considering a scheme where purging and deleting will be separate operations, but as it stands now it is adequate since all is reversible, just to restore purged headers server help is needed (which will be always the case).