[req] Download packages

Thomaaz

Post by Thomaaz »

alex wrote:yes, export would make sense too, i'll try to add it shortly (maybe to have it ready next week) since it will improve 'the flavor' of this feature by reducing its dependency on specific sites thus becoming generic.

for 3.72 i didn't set the auto update - http://www.usenetopia.com/version_r.htm still points out to 3.71 for this reason, but if the export is present the feature will be clearly useful also for people who don't use indexing services through subscription.
Thanks for making export posible!

Any idea why Newspro only imports the first 31 segments from the source above? It happend with all the files from this post.
With the source from jaapf it worked perfectly (131 segments imported)
I can't detect any difference between the to. Funny/remarkeble is that 31 is exactly half of the original size (62 segments)
Thomaaz

Post by Thomaaz »

Any idea why Newspro only imports the first 31 segments from the source above? It happend with all the files from this post.
With the source from jaapf it worked perfectly (131 segments imported)
I can't detect any difference between the to. Funny/remarkeble is that 31 is exactly half of the original size (62 segments)
Seems to work now with the 3.72 version.
Obiwantje

Post by Obiwantje »

Now Let's hope we get some FREE providers of header coming up soon, I am more than willing to be a beta user for anyone that is going to put up his/her files !
SJ_Steve

Excellent job, Alex.

Post by SJ_Steve »

The only other suggestion to make it even that much better would be that for the #~Import group, allow for automatic Download&Save when a .nzb file is passed into NewsPro.

That makes for the same type of one-click Usenet downloading that some of the other competing applications provide.

Again, great job and keep it up!

--Steve.
Thomaaz

Re: Excellent job, Alex.

Post by Thomaaz »

SJ_Steve wrote:The only other suggestion to make it even that much better would be that for the #~Import group, allow for automatic Download&Save when a .nzb file is passed into NewsPro.

That makes for the same type of one-click Usenet downloading that some of the other competing applications provide.

Again, great job and keep it up!

--Steve.
It's allready possile. View the options under import (associated file types and auto open/clipboard action)
uc2k2

Post by uc2k2 »

Obiwantje wrote:Now Let's hope we get some FREE providers of header coming up soon, I am more than willing to be a beta user for anyone that is going to put up his/her files !
You might try the combination of the FREE-site http://alt.binaries.nl/ with a free program called UseD (available here: http://used.hellhound.nl). By using this program you can simply click "Copy shortcut" at the site for each program you would like to download. Once you're ready selecting, you can save the associated msg-ids to a nzb-file or you could simply choose to send them to an associated program like NewsPro to have the headers become available directly in the associated program.
R_Rabbit10

Post by R_Rabbit10 »

Thx! Works like a charme with alt.binaries.nl!
SJ_Steve

Re: Excellent job, Alex.

Post by SJ_Steve »

Thomaaz wrote:It's allready possile. View the options under import (associated file types and auto open/clipboard action)
Got it -- I had been using 3713 and didn't see this feature. Well done!
alex

Post by alex »

Obiwantje wrote:Now Let's hope we get some FREE providers of header coming up soon, I am more than willing to be a beta user for anyone that is going to put up his/her files !
in theory maybe they are not needed at all, it would be just enough to post an index file along with the post or maybe after verifying that the post has been through (may take some time), probably it should be crossposted to a common announcement newsgroup (otherwise xpat would be needed to download only index files). now, when there are commonly known index file types it is more feasible to have it in practice.
andreasfc

Post by andreasfc »

Alex will there also be an export function in the Newspro program, say version 3.73?

Thanx
alex

Post by alex »

i'm planning to have the export feature ready some time next week.
Falk

Post by Falk »

I've tested it with some posts and it works just fine. I'm sure there will be some Newzbin / Binnews alternative very shortly thanks to NP. Maybe Alex could even allow attachments in a "Usenet-Posts" section on the board, at least for a short while to test things out.
alex

Post by alex »

actually website is not really needed.

better to create a newsgroup (alt.binaries.nzb?) where to publish all such announcements (maybe a few newsgroups like alt.binaries.nzb.music, alt.binaries.nzb.movies, alt.binaries.nzb.apps etc.), you can use xpat to search it, and since there is a significant factor (i.e. one post per e.g. whole dvd) the number of posts will be reasonable.

the procedure is you post, you verify the post by downloading it and post .nzb (or someone posts, you download and post .nzb).

it is better to post it compressed since the compressing ratio is about 10 for larger .nzb files.